DAY 1: BEGINNING OF THE RETREAT
Prayer to the Holy Spirit
Contemplation of the Holy Scriptures before the conference of the day – 30 minutes
Psalm 143 (142)
- Hear, O Lord, my prayer, give ear to my supplication in your truth, hear me in your justice!
- And enter not into judgment with your servant, for in Your sight no living man shall be justified.
- For the enemy has persecuted my soul: he has brought down my life to the earth. He has made me to dwell in darkness as those that have been dead of old:
- And my spirit is in anguish within me, my heart within me is troubled.
- I remembered the days of old, I meditated on all Your works, I meditated upon the works of Your hands.
- I stretched forth my hands to You; my soul is as earth without water unto You.
- Hear me quickly, O Lord, my spirit has fainted away. Do not turn away Your face from me, lest I will be like those who go down into the pit.
- Let me hear Your mercy in the morning, for in You I have put my trust. Make the way known to me, wherein I should walk, for I have lifted up my soul to You.
- Deliver me from my enemies, O Lord, to You I have fled.
- Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God. May your good spirit lead me on level ground.
- For Your name’s sake, O Lord, You will preserve my life; in Your justice, You will bring my soul out of trouble.
- And in Your mercy, You will destroy my enemies; and You will cut off all those who afflict my soul, for I am Your servant.
TEACHING: Beginning of the retreat
Meditation about the conference – 60 minutes
Lord Jesus: Today, I desire to open My lips to the priests, whom I have called for a particular participation in My Divinity, in My humanity, and in My Redemption. With the sign of the Holy Cross, I begin the priestly retreat in which I desire Myself to dwell with you as I did with My disciples on Earth. Today I desire to tear out the priestly heart from the world and its concerns. I turn My gaze to you, priest. I want you to leave earthly matters for this time, in which I will be speaking to you. Do not interrupt our time with the concern for this world. If you want to feel the fruits of this retreat that I will personally conduct for you, try to distance everything from yourself, at least for this time when I am talking to you and when you are talking to Me. If you do not calm down, you will not hear Me properly and you will not understand Me. Also, you will not feel My gaze, which will be examining, injuring and healing your heart. Thus, let the first day of the retreat be a preparation for hearing My voice. When I called Elijah for a meeting with Me, he went up on Mount Sinai and waited for Me in the cave. So he distanced himself from the earth, climbing towards the sky, and he focused his gaze within. Let all the whirlwinds and storms of necessary and urgent matters roll over you. Hide your heart and do not go outside. Only My call, which is peace and solace, like a gentle breeze, should open your eyes. Come out to meet Me, for I will speak with you one-to-one.
So the first day of the retreat is a time of preparation and tranquility for further work, in order to start the proper meeting already the next day. This preparation should include prayer and fasting. The priestly Way of the Cross should be said from the first to the last day, and prayers and work should be offered in one’s own intention, so I may open, brighten, heal and sanctify your priestly heart. It is also good to ask someone pious for prayer at this time for a deep experience of the retreat and its proper fruits. This first day is a wait for the Holy Spirit, so prayer should especially encompass the devotion to His Person. I bless this time, this prayer and your heart.
Write down My call. Because I loved the priestly heart and My love remains perfectly faithful, I desire to show a particular grace to My sons. When I was stepping on Earth, I surrounded Myself with the Twelve. Today, I personally call your heart, priest, to a close friendship with Me. I want to have you among My loved ones and I have called you for this. It is precisely you that I have chosen so that you would get to know Me best, receive the most grace from Me, and take the closest place to Me at My table during the time of the eternal feast. I made you a priest. The retreat, for which you have been called, is My personal desire to live with you these days in great closeness and truth. My personal concern for your life and your heart. During this time, I will teach you and reveal to you the truth about you. You can also ask and you will receive an answer. I am not calling you to admonish you. I am not calling you to praise you. Together, we are to fulfill the Will of the Father. I am calling you to show you that your heart is of great value to Me, and your love means more to Me than you can comprehend.
Contemplation of the Holy Scriptures after the conference of the day – 45 minutes
Psalm 139 (138)
- Lord, You have proved me, and known me.
- You know when I sit down and when I rise up. You perceive my thoughts from afar,
- You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways.
- Before a word is on my tongue: You, Lord, know it completely.
- You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.
- Your knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
- Where can I go from Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your face?
- If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I descend into hell, You are present.
- If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
- even there Your hand will guide me, and Your right hand will hold me.
- If I say, “Perhaps darkness will cover me and night will be my light in my pleasures:”
- but even the darkness will not be dark to You; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.
- For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
- I will praise you for You are fearfully magnified; Your works are wonderful, and my soul knows that right well.
- My bones were not hidden from you when I was made in secret, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
- Your eyes saw My imperfect being; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
- How precious to me are Your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!
- Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you.
- If only You, God, would kill the wicked! Away from me, men who are bloodthirsty!
- They speak of You with evil intent; Your adversaries misuse Your name.
- Do I not hate those who hate You, Lord, and abhor those who are in rebellion against You?
- I have hated them with a perfect hatred; they became my enemies.
- Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my paths.
- See if there is any way of iniquity in me, and lead me in the eternal way.
Translated from: Rekolekcje Kapłanskie, na podstawie Orędzi na Czasy Ostateczne które własnie nadeszły, Grzechynia 2018, p. 16-26