DAY 1: BEGINNING OF THE RETREAT
Prayer to the Holy Spirit
Contemplation of the Holy Scriptures before the conference of the day – 30 minutes
Psalm 143 (142)
- O Lord, hear my prayer. Incline your ear to my supplication in your truth. Heed me according to your justice.
- And do not enter into judgment with your servant. For all the living will not be justified in your sight.
- For the enemy has pursued my soul. He has lowered my life to the earth. He has stationed me in darkness, like the dead of ages past.
- And my spirit has been in anguish over me. My heart within me has been disturbed.
- I have called to mind the days of antiquity. I have been meditating on all Your works. I have meditated on the workings of Your hands.
- I have extended my hands to you. My soul is like a land without water before You.
- O Lord, heed me quickly. My spirit has grown faint. Do not turn your face away from me, lest I become like those who descend into the pit.
- Make me hear your mercy in the morning. For I have hoped in you. Make known to me the way that I should walk. For I have lifted up my soul to you.
- O Lord, rescue me from my enemies. I have fled to you.
- Teach me to do your will. For you are my God. Your good Spirit will lead me into the righteous land.
- For the sake of your name, O Lord, you will revive me in your fairness. You will lead my soul out of tribulation.
- And you will scatter my enemies in your mercy. And you will destroy all those who afflict my soul. For I am your servant.
TEACHING: Beginning of the retreat
Meditation about the conference – 60 minutes
Lord Jesus: Today, I desire to open My lips to the priests, whom I have called for a particular participation in My Divinity, in My humanity, and in My Redemption. With the sign of the Holy Cross, I begin the priestly retreat in which I desire Myself to dwell with you as I did with My disciples on Earth. Today I desire to tear out the priestly heart from the world and its concerns. I turn My gaze to you, priest. I want you to leave earthly matters for this time, in which I will be speaking to you. Do not interrupt our time with the concern for this world. If you want to feel the fruits of this retreat that I will personally conduct for you, try to distance everything from yourself, at least for this time when I am talking to you and when you are talking to Me. If you do not calm down, you will not hear Me properly and you will not understand Me. Also, you will not feel My gaze, which will be examining, injuring and healing your heart. Thus, let the first day of the retreat be a preparation for hearing My voice. When I called Elijah for a meeting with Me, he went up on Mount Sinai and waited for Me in the cave. So he distanced himself from the earth, climbing towards the sky, and he focused his gaze within. Let all the whirlwinds and storms of necessary and urgent matters roll over you. Hide your heart and do not go outside. Only My call, which is peace and solace, like a gentle breeze, should open your eyes. Come out to meet Me, for I will speak with you one-to-one.
So the first day of the retreat is a time of preparation and tranquility for further work, in order to start the proper meeting already the next day. This preparation should include prayer and fasting. The priestly Way of the Cross should be said from the first to the last day, and prayers and work should be offered in one’s own intention, so I may open, brighten, heal and sanctify your priestly heart. It is also good to ask someone pious for prayer at this time for a deep experience of the retreat and its proper fruits. This first day is a wait for the Holy Spirit, so prayer should especially encompass the devotion to His Person. I bless this time, this prayer and your heart.
Write down My call. Because I loved the priestly heart and My love remains perfectly faithful, I desire to show a particular grace to My sons. When I was stepping on Earth, I surrounded Myself with the Twelve. Today, I personally call your heart, priest, to a close friendship with Me. I want to have you among My loved ones and I have called you for this. It is precisely you that I have chosen so that you would get to know Me best, receive the most grace from Me, and take the closest place to Me at My table during the time of the eternal feast. I made you a priest. The retreat, for which you have been called, is My personal desire to live with you these days in great closeness and truth. My personal concern for your life and your heart. During this time, I will teach you and reveal to you the truth about you. You can also ask and you will receive an answer. I am not calling you to admonish you. I am not calling you to praise you. Together, we are to fulfill the Will of the Father. I am calling you to show you that your heart is of great value to Me, and your love means more to Me than you can comprehend.
Contemplation of the Holy Scriptures after the conference of the day – 45 minutes
Psalm 139 (138)
- O Lord, you have examined me, and you have known me.
- You have known my sitting down and my rising up again.
- You have understood my thoughts from afar. My path and my fate, you have investigated.
- And you have foreseen all my ways. For there is no word in my tongue.
- Behold, O Lord, you have known all things: the newest and the very old. You have formed me, and you have placed your hand over me.
- Your knowledge has become a wonder to me. It has been reinforced, and I am not able to prevail against it.
- Where will I go from Your Spirit? And where will I flee from Your face?
- If I ascend into heaven, You are there. If I descend into Hell, You are near.
- If I assume my feathers in early morning, and dwell in the utmost parts of the sea,
- even there, your hand will lead me forth, and your right hand will hold me.
- And I said: “Perhaps darkness will overwhelm me, and the night will be my illumination, to my delight.”
- But darkness will not be impenetrable to you, and night will illuminate like the day: for just as its darkness is, so also is its light.
- For you have possessed my temperament. You have supported me from the womb of my mother.
- I will confess to You, for you have been magnified terribly. Your works are miraculous, as my soul knows exceedingly well.
- My bone, which you have made in secret, has not been hidden from you, and my substance is in accord with the lower parts of the earth.
- Your eyes saw my imperfection, and all this shall be written in your book. Days will be formed, and no one shall be in them.
- But to me, O God, your friends have been greatly honored. Their first ruler has been exceedingly strengthened.
- I will number them, and they will be more numerous than the sand. I rose up, and I am still with you.
- O God, if only you would cut down sinners. You men of blood: depart from me.
- For you say in thought: They will accept your cities in vain.
- Have I not hated those who hated you, Lord, and wasted away because of your enemies?
- I have hated them with a perfect hatred, and they have become enemies to me.
- Examine me, O God, and know my heart. Question me, and know my paths.
- And see if there might be in me the way of iniquity, and lead me in the way of eternity.
Translated from: Rekolekcje Kapłanskie, na podstawie Orędzi na Czasy Ostateczne które własnie nadeszły, Grzechynia 2018, p. 16-26