DAY 7: SUMMATION OF THE RETREAT
Prayer to the Holy Spirit
Spirit of Love of the Father and of the Son,
grant me Your love.
I give You my mind and heart,
so that You would fill me with Your wisdom.
Tear me away from amidst the futility of the world
and lead me into Your hidden chambers,
in which I will forget about the world,
in order to get to know Your mysteries.
Let me rest at Your feet
and listen with anointment to Your whisper.
Fill me with faith so I would not doubt
that the words, which [I read],
come from the mouth of the Most High,
and with bravery, so I would carry them courageously
to the whole world. Amen.
Contemplation of the Holy Scriptures before the conference of the day – 30 minutes
Psalm 38 (37)
- A Psalm of David, in commemoration of the Sabbath.
- O Lord, do not rebuke me in your fury, nor chastise me in your wrath.
- For your arrows have been driven into me, and your hand has been confirmed over me.
- There is no health in my flesh before the face of your wrath. There is no peace for my bones before the face of my sins.
- For my iniquities have walked over my head, and they have been like a heavy burden weighing upon me.
- My sores have putrefied and been corrupted before the face of my foolishness.
- I have become miserable, and I have been bent down, even to the end. I have walked with contrition all day long.
- For my loins have been filled with illusions, and there is no health in my flesh.
- I have been afflicted and greatly humbled. I bellowed from the groaning of my heart.
- O Lord, all my desire is before you, and my groaning before you has not been hidden.
- My heart has been disturbed. My strength has abandoned me, and the light of my eyes has abandoned me, and it is not with me.
- My friends and my neighbors have drawn near and stood against me. And those who were next to me stood far apart. And those who sought my soul used violence.
- And those who sought evil accusations against me were speaking emptiness. And they practiced deceitfulness all day long.
- But, like someone deaf, I did not hear. And I was like someone mute, not opening his mouth.
- And I became like a man who does not hear, and who has no reproofs in his mouth.
- For in you, Lord, I have hoped. You will listen to me, O Lord my God.
- For I said, “Lest at any time, my enemies might rejoice over me,” and, “While my feet are being shaken, they have spoken great things against me.”
- For I have been prepared for scourges, and my sorrow is ever before me.
- For I will announce my iniquity, and I will think about my sin.
- But my enemies live, and they have been stronger than me. And those who have wrongfully hated me have been multiplied.
- Those who render evil for good have dragged me down, because I followed goodness.
- Do not forsake me, O Lord my God. Do not depart from me.
- Be attentive to my help, O Lord, the God of my salvation.
TEACHING: Summation of the retreat
Meditation about the conference – 60 minutes
Lord Jesus: Today is the last day of the retreat. Summation. My son, priest, I am calling your heart to stand in the truth towards Me. I have opened My Heart before you to show you My five wounds inflicted upon Me by priests. Console Me by converting with your whole heart to Me. If My words moved you and your heart trembled, it means that I am not indifferent to you and we still have a lot in common. I want your holiness. I want your glory in Heaven. That is why I examine your heart and show you its weaknesses.
Look at your life through the prism of this truth about the priesthood that I have shown you. Even if you did not fall low and you earnestly pursued your faithfulness, take this retreat and the confession it contains as a vaccine against a grave fall, for which Satan is preparing in your life. By keeping watch and eradicating every manifestation of evil within you, you forestall its steps and protect your own soul. I will help you to go through life in holiness because no thorn is an obstacle to holiness, but only pride. A weakness offered to God in conjunction with the prayer to tear it out of the soul protects the soul and sanctifies her. The most dangerous for a priest is the exaggeration of his own holiness, or the impertinence towards God of a priest who blames God for his own sin, as the Creator of human nature. I did not create the fall. Man created the fall by turning away from Me.
Get to know what your greatest weakness is and offer it all to Me in the atoning Sacrifice of the Mass for your own transgressions. If you desire to make Me happy, cleanse your heart in the Sacrament of Penance, which will embrace your whole life in a new light, or at least the time since the last general confession.
Today I want to receive your heart and penetrate its every sinful crevice to remove even the beginnings of sins that could grow into grave offenses. I want to heal your injuries from falls. I want to fill you with new strength and the faith that love has the strength to heal, renew, and perfect everything. Son, our best years are still ahead of us. Together, we can still accomplish a lot. Guard My Will as if it were the pupil of your eye, and likewise, I will guard your soul.
For our new fruitful life, accept My blessing, which will give you the strength to undertake My challenge, face your own sinful nature in the Sacrament of Penance, and change for the better what I wish to improve in your life. May God the Father, the Son of God and the Holy Spirit bless you. Amen.
Contemplation of the Holy Scriptures after the conference of the day – 45 minutes
Psalm 32 (31)
- The understanding of David himself. Blessed are they whose iniquities have been forgiven and whose sins have been covered.
- Blessed is the man to whom the Lord has not imputed sin, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.
- Because I was silent, my bones grew old, while still I cried out all day long.
- For, day and night, your hand was heavy upon me. I have been converted in my anguish, while still the thorn is piercing.
- I have acknowledged my offense to you, and I have not concealed my injustice. I said, “I will confess against myself, my injustice to the Lord,” and you forgave the impiety of my sin.
- For this, everyone who is holy will pray to you in due time. Yet truly, in a flood of many waters, they will not draw near to him.
- You are my refuge from the tribulation that has surrounded me. You are my exultation: rescue me from those who are surrounding me.
- I will give you understanding, and I will instruct you in this way, in which you will walk. I will fix my eyes upon you.
- Do not become like the horse and the mule, which have no understanding. Their jaws are constrained with bit and bridle, so as not to draw near to you.
- Many are the scourges of the sinner, but mercy will surround him that hopes in the Lord.
- Rejoice in the Lord and exult, you just ones, and glory, all you upright of heart.
Translated from: Rekolekcje Kapłanskie, na podstawie Orędzi na Czasy Ostateczne które własnie nadeszły, Grzechynia 2018, p. 92-104